Gigi Pip Hat Sizing
- How are our Gigi Hat sizes measured?
- What is the average hat size for women?
- How do I measure my hat size?
- How do I adjust my hat size? (Don’t skip this one!)
Women's hat sizes are fairly intuitive. The average women's head size measures around 57cm. If you are unsure of your hat size the Gigi Pip small/medium hat would be the best starting point. The small/medium hat size is made to fit 57cm + can be adjusted down to 55cm. If you know you have a slightly larger head go with the 59cm size. As far as Gigi Pip sizing goes this is a medium/large, made to fit a 59cm head size + then can be adjusted down to 57cm. The largest size Gigi Pip offers is a 61 cm, labeled as an XL, like our other sizes the 61 can be sized down to 59 cm. For women who feel they have a slightly smaller head than normal we recommend an XS which begins at 55cm + can be sized down to 53 cm. In select styles we offer kids sizing which begins at 53 cm + can be adjusted to 51 cm.
XS (53cm to 55cm)
S/M (55cm to 57cm)
M/L (57cm to 59cm)
XL (59cm to 61cm)
There are two primary methods of measuring your hat size + are based on the style in which you wear your hat. You will need to take both measurements (shown below) + then use the larger of the two measurements to determine your hat size. Once you've received your hat, you can decide how you would like to wear it + adjust your hat size accordingly.
TIP: If you don't have a textile measuring tape, use a string or piece of yarn to measure the distance around your head. After you have marked the yarn around your head, lay it out flat on the ground or table + measure the straightened out piece of yarn with a measuring stick or regular measuring tape.
- Use a textile measuring tape (or string) to measure the distance around your head crossing through the center part of the back of your head + the forehead just above the eyebrow. The tape should be level with the ground.
- Check the measurement of the tape wrapped around your head. Hat sizing is in cm. If you are in-between sizes, we suggest sizing up + adjusting your hat accordingly.
- Use a textile measuring tape to measure the distance around your head passing through the back of your head, just above the neck, + the front of your head high on the brow. The tape should be higher in front than in back.
- Check the measurement of the tape wrapped around your head. Wearing a hat Halo style is usually a smaller hat size than wearing a hat traditionally. Since there is typically a difference in measurement we recommend using the larger of the two hat sizes. If you are in-between sizes, we suggest sizing up and adjusting down.
Remember, if you still feel unsure on which hat size to go with, we recommend the 57 cm- a small/medium.
Adjustable Inner Band Instructions
Flip up the sweatband to find the velcro tab + pull to tighten. Velcro the ribbon back in place to secure your desired fit. The adjustable band can adjust the hat up to 5 cm when necessary! Some helpful tips about our adjustable inner band:-a little adjustment goes a long way